We are a criminal defense firm in downtown Peoria. We are passionate about criminal defense, and we make it a point to work closely with our clients. We are looking for a full-time associate attorney, but we will accept a contract attorney as well. Our firm is looking for someone who has a passion for criminal defense and has compassion for others. We want someone who is devoted to this work, and someone who wants to right the injustices that occur in our justice system.
The Law Offices of Maureen Williams looking for an associate criminal defense attorney to work alongside Attorney Maureen Williams. This person will go to court appearances, meet with clients, help answer client questions, and help prepare cases for court. While most of our cases are in Peoria, Tazewell, and McLean, we work in the central Illinois region and often cover cases in the following counties: Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, McLean, Livingston, Logan, Henry, Marshall, Putnam, and Fulton. The attorney will need to travel between courts when necessary.
We offer a competitive salary, a flexible schedule, and a positive work environment.
- Have completed your J.D.
- Be willing to travel between courts
- Be passionate for criminal defense
- Have compassion for others
If you have any questions or would like to apply for this position, please call us at 309.999.1177 or email us at email@example.com.
You can also fax us your resume at 309-999-1144
Counsel Positions at DCFS
These positions are posted on the Work for Illinois website and the application deadline is September 15, 2021. Below are the links for the positions.
Links to TA III CFS Policy Counsel positions
Links to TA II CFS Policy Counsel positions
United States Magistrate Judge - Springfield Division
The Central District of Illinois at Springfield has an opening for an appointment of a full-time United States Magistrate Judge. For more information and how to apply, click here.
Peoria area small law firm, established in 1993, seeks criminal defense associate attorney. We will accept resumes from experienced or inexperienced persons devoted to criminal defense. If interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number 082421 in the subject line.
Peoria-area general practice law firm with emphasis in bankruptcy, family law, and probate, is looking for a full-time associate attorney. The law firm has a diverse practice, and is well established in the Peoria-area market. The ideal candidate has 0-3 years’ experience, but we are willing to train a younger lawyer who has not yet had the opportunity to practice in the areas of law that are linked to our firm. Salary is negotiable and will be based on the candidate's experience. Please provide a resume and a writing sample. The associate attorney hired will appear at hearings as needed, draft pleadings, prepare discovery and consult with clients. If interested, please send your resume and writing sample to email@example.com with reference number 080921 in the subject line.
Position in thriving small firm with a very active practice. Opportunity is available for immediate equity. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference #062221
Assistant State's Attorney
The McLean County State's Attorney's office has an opening for a licensed attorney. For more information, click here.
Assistant US Attorney - Peoria Branch Office
To apply for this position, you must complete the occupational questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 06/18/2021 to receive consideration.
1. To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
2. Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package. (It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation are submitted prior to the closing date.)
3. To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Part-Time Associate Counsel, Remote Opportunity
Founded in 1985, Advanced Technology Services is global provider of industrial maintenance and MRO services. Technologies include IOT sensors, computerized maintenance management system-eFactoryPro and predictive analytics. ATS operates in the US, UK and Mexico with 3000 plus team members.
Responsible for general legal duties in a small corporate legal department, including contract review and negotiation, advising business on legal issues and legal risk, managing insurance claims, and general legal support of the business.
For more information and to apply, click here.
Kanoski Bresney in Bloomington has an opening for a workers' compensation attorney. For more information, click here.
Full time attorney
Addy, Bush, Neiner and Associates, P.C. is seeking an attorney to join our firm. Our practice areas include criminal defense, divorce, and driver’s license reinstatement hearings. Salary is commensurate with experience. The firm also offers health insurance, 401(k) retirement contributions, and other tangible benefits. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Enjoy handling your own cases from start to finish and having lots of client and court contact with a full support staff to assist you. Please send a resume to email@example.com
Assistant State's Attorney I
The McLean County State's Attorney's Office has a position open for an Assistant State's Attorney. For more information and to apply, click here.
Kepple Law Group, LLC, an Illinois and Arizona law firm practicing in the areas of real estate, bankruptcy, business transactions, civil litigation, and estate planning has an immediate opening for an associate attorney with 0-3 years experience to assist with all aspects of its legal practice and managing its busy title insurance and escrow company. Experience in real estate is preferred but not required. Candidates must be willing to handle litigation matters. Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience. Please send resume to Kepple Law Group, LLC, Attn: Casey Kepple, 2426 W. Cornerstone Court, Peoria, IL 61614 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Public Defender
The Peoria County Public Defender’s Office is seeking a candidate to fill a FULL-TIME position as an assistant public defender. This position is accountable for providing representation to indigent citizens accused of crimes facing the possibility of jail time. Job responsibilities include defending all traffic cases as assigned by the court including misdemeanors and felony cases; corresponding regularly with clients and family members/friends as permitted by the client; negotiating with prosecution on behalf of the client; reviewing police and lab reports to advise clients; interviewing civilian and police witnesses; examining physical evidence that may have been secured by the police agency; challenging the constitutionality of stops and arrests; and representing clients at both bench and jury trials. Candidates must possess a Juris Doctor degree and have an unrestricted license to practice law in the State of Illinois. Prior experience in the defense or prosecution of criminal law is preferred, but not mandatory. Must possess exceptional communication skills and the ability to work with clients as assigned, the general public, and all necessary stakeholders to achieve resolution of cases. Must have the ability to perform tasks of complex and varied nature requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, and must exercise independent judgment. Salary and compensation package commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume, via email to Nathan Bach, Peoria County Public Defender at: email@example.com.
Peoria-area law firm with specialty in criminal defense and personal injury is looking for a full-time associate attorney. The ideal candidate has courtroom experience, but we are willing to train a younger lawyer who has not yet had the opportunity to develop their courtroom skills. Salary is negotiable and will be based on the candidate's experience. Please provide a resume and a writing sample. The associate attorney hired will appear in court, draft pleadings, prepare discovery and consult with clients. If interested, please send your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number 122220 in the subject line.
Kanoski Bresney in Bloomington has an opening for a litigation attorney. For more information, click here.
Older attorney transitioning to retirement wanting younger attorney with experience to eventually take over practice. Practice concentrates in the areas of real estate, wills and trusts, corporations, and estate administration. Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with reference number 05222018.
Moehle, Swearingen & Lobacz, Ltd., a law firm celebrating over fifty years of providing exceptional legal services, is seeking an associate attorney to join our practice. We are looking for a licensed attorney who is able to work in a diverse civil practice and has a particular interest in real estate transactions and litigation. New and experienced attorneys are invited to apply. We are especially interested in an attorney who 1) enjoys crafting creative solutions to legal problems, 2) has a meticulous disposition, and 3) is committed to providing excellent client service. To apply, please send your resume, a writing sample of no more than seven pages, and three professional references in confidence to Attorney Brigette Lobacz, 410 Broadway, P.O. Box 875, Pekin, Illinois 61554-0875.
Non-Attorney Positions (receptionist, paralegal, secretary, etc.)
Regional litigation firm seeks exceptional legal assistant to join our team in our Peoria office. Ideal candidate would have at least five years of experience working at a litigation firm and meet the following requirements:
- Familiarity with state and federal court procedures and rules;
- Knowledge of court docketing rules and ability to calculate and calendar responsive deadlines, reminders and invitations through Outlook or other electronic calendar systems; ability to manage multiple calendars for depositions, meetings and travel;
- Proficiency in e-filing in local courts as well as courts in other states (federal and state courts) and PACER; experience in downloading documents from websites;
- Experience in working with electronic document management systems and ability to organize and maintain electronic files;
- Ability to work in a team-based setting with other team members supporting a group of attorneys;
- Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks and managing a fluid job description;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016/365 (Word, Outlook, Excel);
- Experience with Adobe and ability to manipulate pdf documents;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail with excellent proofing and editing skills;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workflow, anticipate needs and creatively find solutions to problems;
- Must be able to adjust to periods of heavy workloads requiring occasional overtime;
- Complex case management and trial preparation experience required;
- Excellent general office skills, including scanning, copying, preparing check requests, mail and Federal Express or other shipping procedures, scheduling meetings and depositions, and make phone calls to obtain information.
Our firm offers excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Company matching 401(k)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holiday time
- Paid parking or transportation reimbursement
- Cellphone reimbursement
Salary commensurate with experience. Interested candidates, please submit a resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Angela Evans Law PC is looking for part and full-time administrative help. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Program Support Assistant
An immediate opening for a Program Support Assistant is available for the Peoria NLRB office. A description of the listing may be found here: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608949300. Interested applicants for the Peoria position should choose the Indianapolis location and indicate that they are interested in the Peoria position. Peoria is a satellite office for the Indianapolis Regional office.
Family Law Paralegal Opportunity:
Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C., a Central Illinois law firm specializing in all areas of family law, is searching for a skilled paralegal with a passion for advocating on behalf of people who have issues regarding their marriages or families.
- 5+ years of experience in family law is required, preferably recent experience
- Paralegal certificate is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and Family Law Software
- Exceptional legal writing skills
- Excellent communication skills to work well with clients and co-workers within our firm
- Manage multiple cases
- Communicate with clients
- Collaborate with other paralegals
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous vacation and paid time off package
- An exciting and close-knit work environment that fosters recognition, teamwork, and job satisfaction
- Room for professional growth and development for driven individuals
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume. They should include the following information:
- Your educational background and work experience
- Your date of availability for employment
- Your experience with various office software tools
- A statement as to why you believe you are the right candidate for this job
About Butler & Giraudo, P.C.:
The firm's partners, Susan Butler, Kelly Giraudo, and Tamara Meister, have more than 60 years of combined experience. Our firm is passionate about advocating on behalf of people who have issues regarding their marriages or families. We operate from our offices in downtown Morton at the corner of Main and Jefferson Streets, and also in the Janssen Building in Peoria, directly across from the Peoria County Courthouse. Please visit our website at: www.bgmlawyers.com
Thank you for your interest in Butler, Giraudo & Meister, P.C., Attorneys at Law. Your inquiry will be held in strict confidence. Please direct your inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to hearing from you!
Receptionist/Secretary - For law firm - Weekdays 9:00 am to 4:00 pm -Send Resume & References to: Essig Law Office, 135 Washington Square, Washington, IL 61571
Real Estate Paralegal / Title Searcher – The law firm of Miller, Hall & Triggs LLC is seeking a real estate paralegal to assist in the title department with our extensive real estate practice in both residential and commercial real estate. This paralegal position will be responsible for real estate title searches, assisting with the preparation of title commitments, preparing closing documents, and assisting with real estate closings and related loan transactions. An applicant must be intelligent and detailed oriented and must be able to travel to conduct searches in local courthouses or attend closings outside our offices. Title experience preferred. If interested, please send a cover letter and your resume to Miller, Hall & Triggs, LLC, Attn: Hiring Manager, by email at email@example.com or by regular mail to 416 Main Street, Suite 1125, Peoria, IL 61602.
LEGAL ASSISTANT POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY FOR PERSONAL INJURY/GENERAL PRACTICE LAW FIRM IN PEORIA WITH THREE ATTORNEYS. GENERAL OFFICE EXPERIENCE AND EXCELLENT TYPING AND COMPUTER SKILLS ARE A MUST. FAMILIARITY WITH ODYSSEY E-FILING, CM/ECF AND APPELLATE WORK IS PREFERRED. A WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF COMPFILE AND INSURANCE DEFENSE WORK IS A PLUS. PLEASE EMAIL RESUME TO MATHARP@KDWOLAW.COM