Columbus Day Seminar - Monday, October 14
First United Methodist Church, 116 NE Perry Ave., Peoria
Ethics in the early morning and keeping pests away through the afternoon!
Get two hours of general ethics as the ARDC and others present on Trust Accounting Pitfalls and effective responses to 14 day letters; followed by a seminar on all types of Protective Orders from domestic violence, to stalkers such as neighbors, former friends and former and present employees and how you can use limited scope agreements effectively in these types of situations.
8:00 Check-in and continental breakfast opens at 8:00 a.m.
8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Professional Responsibility/Ethics Seminar – Topics include:
- Hot Topics at the ARDC – Melissa Smart, ARDC
- Trust Accounting Pitfalls – Kathryne Hayes
- 14 Day Letter Responses (tentative) – Jeff Corso
11:30 Check-in and pizza lunch open at 11:30 a.m.
12:00 to 3:00 p.m. Topics include:
- Illinois Domestic Violence Act Orders of Protection – Judge Kim Kelley
- No Stalking/No Contact Orders and Services Provided by their Offices – Barry Pinter, The Office of Sexual Assault and Advocacy Services, and Julie Boland, Center for Prevention of Abuse.
- Civil No Contact Orders (and the Corporation as Petitioner) – Kelly Giraudo & Tamara Meister
- Employment Law Orders of Protection – Michael Gifford
- Limited Scope Agreements – Judge Lisa Wilson
Cost: PCBA Member $65 per seminar, or $120 for both | Non-Member $95 per seminar, or $180 for both
Morning seminar includes a continental breakfast and afternoon seminar includes a pizza lunch.
*The PCBA will seek approval from the Illinois Supreme Court’s Commission
on Professionalism for two hours of MCLE Professional Responsibility credit.